There is no doubt that false lashes are an attention grabber. Makeup fans have been in love with them since they were introduced. However, it was a tough, messy job at first. You had to apply glue or use another lash extension. Not only was it time-consuming but also using these extensions over and over often led to swallowing and irritation. In some cases, they even damage natural eyelashes if not removed with extreme care. To ease people with all this, magnetic eyelashes were introduced.
Magnetic eyelashes are easy to apply and can be reused as long as you take care of them. What’s more amazing is magnetic eyelashes are budget-friendly. You don’t have to worry about spending hundreds of dollars on falsies and their expensive extensions separately. You can just buy magnetic eyelashes and have that dramatic look in a matter of minutes.
Learning how to apply magnetic eyelashes is super easy. However, the method varies depending on what type of magnetic eyelashes you are using. There are two magnetic eyelashes available right now.
Types of Magnetic Eyelashes
1. Two strip magnetic eyelashes
These magnetic eyelashes are a set of coupled magnetic eyelashes. What you will be doing is sandwiching your natural eyelashes between the two magnetic lash strips. There are tiny magnets attached to each strip that stick together. However, you don’t have to worry about them being exposed. They are completely unnoticeable once you have applied them.
2. Magnetic eyeliner lashes
These types of magnetic eyelashes consist of one magnetic strip and one magnetic eyeliner. What’s happening here is that the magnetic strip of eyelashes is attached to magnetic eyeliner. The idea of magnetic eyeliner may sound weird. But in fact, it is super easy to apply and remove compared to applying two magnetic strips.
Method of applying two magnetic strip lashes
- Curl your lashes and apply a light layer of mascara to your natural eyelashes. This will make it easier for falsies to blend and improve your final look.
- You will find top-row lashes and bottom-row lashes in your two-strip magnetic eyelashes. Start with the top one. Make sure to get it close to your lash line for a spot on look.
- Apply bottom-row lash below your top-row lash. As you do this, you will notice magnets will click together. Make sure you adjust them right, you can pull any of your lashes to reposition at the right place.
This might feel a bit tricky at first, but once you have got used to it, it will be super easy to do so.
- Repeat the same process at the other eye.
There you go, you have an incredible look in a matter of seconds.
Method of Applying Magnetic Eyeliner Lashes
Falsies have evolved over years. First, there were magnetic eyelashes introduced to the glamour world, but now they too have different kinds in them. Magnetic eyeliner eyelashes are more convenient compared to adjusting and repositioning two magnetic strips. There is no annoyance of reapplying glue and making it messy.
Here is how to apply them,
- Curl your natural eyelashes and apply mascara. You don’t want your natural eyelashes to stand differently from falsies. This will mess up the whole look of your eyes. Another thing to note down here is: you should always do this before applying your falsies. Using mascara over falsies will end up ruining them.
- Take the bottle of your magnetic eyeliner and shake it well before use. Make sure all the ingredients that are present inside it are mixed up well.
- Apply a strong layer of magnetic eyeliner at your lash line. The right way to do it is by making small strokes instead of doing it in one sweep. Start from the inner corner of your eye and work your way gently to the outer corner. Always make sure the layer of magnetic eyeliner is as strong as a magnetic lash.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds for the eyeliner to completely dry.
- You are ready to apply your eyelashes. You can use your finger or tweezers to do so. Always start from the inner corner of your eye and move towards the outer corner. Once you have finished, you can always check if you are satisfied with the placing. If by any chance, you are unhappy with the positioning of the eyelash. You can always demagnetize by pulling it off. Repeat the same step unless you are satisfied with the final look.
And that’s it, you look amazing.
What Type Of Magnetic Eyelashes Should I Buy?
It completely depends on what type you prefer. They are both easy to use, budget-friendly, and can be reused for a long time. However, magnetic eyeliner lashes are an advanced version of magnetic lashes. This is why they are slightly more easy to use and comfortable to wear. Nevertheless, you can still opt for what suits you more.